Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sunday, May 8

Sunday was quite long. After arriving at the Munich airport at 7:30, we went to our hotel, but only had about 90 minutes there before “tour guide” Dr. Feick took us around the city for the first time. While it certainly isn’t as big as Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, I still definitely got the city feel to it, but in a different way. There were not as many cars as I expected, but that’s because they have a really good public transportation system, and they run both trams and buses 24/7. Also, I found it interesting how quickly the landscape changed from urban to farmland in a matter of less than a mile. After our city tour we headed to a beer garden to have our first classic Bavarian meal with some of the students we would be working with throughout the week. I’m not sure what all of the food was called, but I do know it was very good, and it was so nice to finally eat something that was not airplane food. By this time most of us had been up for about 30 hours, so we were ready to call it a day immediately following dinner. While it sucked being up for that long, I think it really helped us get over the jet leg as fast as possible, and I woke up Monday refreshed and excited for what lies ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment